Wednesday 30 June 2010

Reuniting downunder

With quick stops in Dubai and Kuala Lumpa I made my way through many airline meals across a fair few oceans. So all of a sudden I'm on the other side of the world in a place where our queen appears on the coins and everybody speaks english. It's almost as if I'm home in Bristol, we're even experiencing bitterly cold winter winds. However there's no drum and bass or cream teas so it's not quite home.

Melbourne
Started in Melbourne with a Mauricio (work friend engineer from Parsons Brinckerhoff). Stayed in his beautiful house in the plush suburb of Ivanhoe. Went for runs along the creek with his dog, baked a lemon drizzle and rode his vespa scooter around the grand prix circuit in the city. Thank you Mauricio for letting me stay! Big culture shock coming from Tanzania. It's amazing how nice it is to have clean water from the taps, roads without pot holes, the english language and warm loverly showers.

Then biggest news...greeted Ray (Rachel), Ro (Rosie) and Ju (Julia) having flown in from various corners of the world. It put the biggest smile on my face seeing my beautiful best ladies friends emerging from the bus and we've been having endless banter and fun ever since.

In Melbourne we climbed a very big tower, ate the lemon drizzle and had a magnum gold. (Ju and Ro introduced this delicious ice cream into my life and along with the custard apple I think it will be forming a significant part of my university diet.)

Sydney
Went on up to Sydney which is very cool and happening. Staying in the cleanest hostel I've staying in so far. (Wake Up incase anyones already been here) We've been cooking proper healthy meals Mum (salad and all). Went and watched the dissappointing England defeat, shame they went out because I wanted to wear my England shirt a little more. Went on a big night out fueled with lots and lots of cheap aussie wine (called goon here) and today we went on a little day trip to some mountains. Basically I couldn't be happier at this moment in time, we're heading up to Cairnes on Friday. Hopefully to a little more sunlight and heat and beach fun.

Hope alls well with everybody. I hear Bristol's starting to fill up again, don't have too much fun before I return and try and make sure the sun keeps shining for when I fly in.

Love from Grace x