Wednesday 14 July 2010

Sunning ourselves with excessive goon consumption

Well well well, what a lovely week or two we've been having. Today is my last day with Ro, Ray and Ju, the mighty mighty 4 is soon to return to 1. Since Sydney we've flown up to Cairnes and made our way down to Byron Bay so...

Cairnes
Stayed in Gilligans (the party hostel) where the reception area smells of the acadamy after Ramshackle - stale beer. Continued drinking lots and lots and lots of goon which lead to dancing on a bar with some rather toned and beautiful ladies, Mum you can send me to the nunnery as soon as I home.

Whitsunday Islands
I.E. lush. Spent 3 days aboard an 85ft yacht called Boomerang. Had a little go at steering and winching the sails up. After much budgeting in Aus we were treated to meals that actually contained meat which was very refreshing. Watched yet another cracking gap sun rise whilst cruising to the heavenly Whitehaven beach with a cuppa in hand. White Haven beach was very close to quintisential paradise but still think that Zanzibar's beaches are top of list. We met made friends with 2 english girls Romy and Sophie, they've actually been proactive enough to put pictures onto facebook so make sure you take a look if you can. Don't know about you lot but when I was a kid my favourite book was called The Rainbow Fish and when we were snorkelling I actually saw one which was very cool.

Fraser Island
So for all the geographers out there Fraser Island was formed by LSD (IR people remember that Athena comment?!) coming up the east coast to form this massive (biggest one in the world) island of sand. It's 70 miles long and has tropical rainforests and the clearest most beautiful freshwater lakes all over it. We travelled around the island in a 4x4 convoy with 24 people and me Ro Ju Ray Sophie Romy Rose (also from england) and our german driver Michael were in car 4 - the best car. The trip comprised whale spotting, stop offs to stare at beached turtles and mantarays and quick dips in the amazing lakes.

Byron Bay
Definitly one of my favourite places so far. Only a quick stop over but we went out on the town last night after playing a huge game of flip cup. Met a guy from the under 21 French rugby team called Francois. Cooked the best risotto last night as our final meal, 1 and a half months now before I will be seeing my lady's beautiful faces again. And today me and Ray went surfing. I reckon we were actually quite good, stood up and everything but there were the occasional moments when a 5 year old kid would cruise past whilst you're half drowning in the salty shallows.

Anyway, I've written a little more than I should. Tonight I'm catching a plane up to Darwin, completing my tour of every airport in Australia, and hopefully I will be able to find a spot on a sailing boat to Indonesia.

Love from Grace May Perry Coppplestone.